MY ASP.NET stopped talking to my IIS!!

Guest

All of a sudden I can not launch my ASP.NET programs on the IE 6.0

Things were working fine before...
I reinstalled IIS and then MS VS .NET (Enterprise development) but the problem is still there.
I get the following error when trying to run the program in debug mode

"Error while trying to run proj: Unable to start debugging the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending the debug HTTP request
Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config. Start without debuggind.....

When running the program without debug, I get: The page can not be displayed..... HTTP 500 internal server error

I know my web server works because I can load an html based web site

In the web site property for my local web site(IIS configuration, home directory tab/configuration) , I see that many of the extensions such as .aspx, .ascx, .asmx...... have not been registered. While they should have after installation

Would anyone know what the problem might be? My suspicion is a virus infection. (I have scanned my PC). I think a file might have been damaged, would anyone know what to do to rectify this

Thanks a lo

Merdaad

Steve Drake

You may need to repair your IIS mappings.
To do this, run the following command:
aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Here's further information:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q306005

If this does not work, please give us more details about the symptoms.

PS, Steve C replied with this to Andrew, I suspect he hit reply on the wrong
message :)

merdaad said:
[...]

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, thanks Steve!