my button died and I'm totally lost

Steve

Hi-

I had this nice little wizard application running. It was comprised of
several Panel controls initially set w/ their visibility off except for the
first one, then as you progress through the page, a code-behind method would
manage the correct panel's visibility, giving the illusion of separate
steps. Fine, great.

All the panels has server button controls for "Next" and "Previous"
The last panel has a button control (server of course) that would call a
different Click event than the other buttons in the previous panels.

I did something, I don't know what but when I click the button "Finish"....
the event never fires, digging deeper I realized that Page_Load() isn't even
firing. So... what it does is make the window flash, then it all goes
white. The page never posts.

Here is the rendered HTML for the button:
<input type="submit" name="Button_Finish" value="FINISH" onclick="if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function') Page_ClientValidate(); "
language="javascript" id="Button_Finish" />

I think it has something to do with the button being inside a panel.

Actually, I just found out why it's not working.... there is no
Page_ClientValidate() function in the rendered HTML. I guess it creates it
in the first panel that holds a button that Causes Validation, then later
when I hide that panel, there is no script rendered. This is speculation of
course, but if this is the case.... I would think that this would be a bug,
wouldn't you.

Thoughts? Suggestions??

Anything would be cool,

Thanks,
Steve

Steve

OK, so I turned off validation. It still won't post. I've put a breakpoint
right in Page_Load and it doesn't fire

here is the rendered HTML for the button
<input type="submit" name="Button_Finish" value="FINISH" id="Button_Finish"
/>

looks fine to me?.....

George Durzi

Check your On_Load event, it's generated by the IDE. Sometimes stuff gets
deleted from there. You might have to add the delegate manually

Ron Vecchi

Check the InitilizeComponent() function. Most likly the Page_Load event
wiring has been removed by the designer.
Has happened to me a few times.

Steve

Thanks for the responses guys,

That was however the first thing that I checked, I made sure everything was
still wired up.

thanks though!

Steve

you guys aren't gonna believe what it was..... the size of the files I was
posting was too big, so it was not a code problem, but I file size problem.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, problem solved finally ;)

Take it easy!

Steve

Yeah, I imagine it could be a common proeblem. Did you find a way to
increase the size allowed?

Ron Vecchi

Yes, web.config - maxRequestLength = "Number of KB" - my example is 30
mb.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="30720" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

Steve

so easy.... :)

Ron Vecchi said:
Yes, web.config - maxRequestLength = "Number of KB" - my example is 30
mb.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="30720" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

inside