My challenge

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by XRay777, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. XRay777

    XRay777 Guest

    I have decided to take on a project that requires a few things I
    haven't been able to figure out.

    1. For various reasons, I have decided to use VB/ASP.NET to create a
    web page interface.

    2. In this web page interface, there are at least 2 frames.

    3. One frame directly references a powerpoint show file (PPS) as it's
    "page". That was really easy (maybe 'cause I have the powerpoint viewer
    file). The user can go through the presentation as if they were
    actually in powerpoint via the frame in IE.

    4. One other frame is there with web/data controls to collect data as a
    user types it in as they view slides powerpoint show (PPS) file (think
    of a training program that requires responses and needs to be "graded")

    My question is twofold:
    1. Can VB/ASP.NET trigger a PPS/PPT to goto a particular slide that is
    in a different frame? How?

    2. Can the VBS written behind the PPS/PPT trigger an event in my VB/ASP
    code?

    Or, are there any references anyone can point me to? The amount of
    information on detailed code for Powerpoint can fit in a thimble. I
    haven't been able to find specific references to controlling the pace
    of a slide show with VB/ASP either.

    Thanks in advance for ANY help you can provide.

    XRay777, Jul 29, 2005