My computer getting stuck when I debug in Visual C++

Yitzik

I have IBM ThinkPad with 2.2GHz and 512MB RAM and I have problems when
I try to debug a project I'm working on it.

The computer suddenly getting stuck in the middle of the debug, it
doesn't occur in specific line or file, but everywhere.

What do you think it's the problem??
How can I fix it??

Thanks.

dandelion

Yitzik said:
I have IBM ThinkPad with 2.2GHz and 512MB RAM and I have problems when
I try to debug a project I'm working on it.

And this is related to the language C in what way exactly?
The computer suddenly getting stuck in the middle of the debug, it
doesn't occur in specific line or file, but everywhere.

What do you think it's the problem??

How the [beeeep] do you expect anyone to know based on this? Can be
anything.
How can I fix it??

Easy....

Use a different compiler/debugger.

Flash Gordon

Yitzik said:
I have IBM ThinkPad with 2.2GHz and 512MB RAM and I have problems when
I try to debug a project I'm working on it.

The computer suddenly getting stuck in the middle of the debug, it
doesn't occur in specific line or file, but everywhere.

What do you think it's the problem??

I think the problem is trying to run the debugger on a Tuesday without
first dancing backwards around a naked virgin.
How can I fix it??

Try asking in an MS group where they might know about MS software, here
we deal with the standard C language, not specific IDEs.

<OT>
You might want to perform general checks that your system is healthy
first, such as scanning for viruses and running a memory test.
</OT>

Tom St Denis

Yitzik said:
I have IBM ThinkPad with 2.2GHz and 512MB RAM and I have problems when
I try to debug a project I'm working on it.

The computer suddenly getting stuck in the middle of the debug, it
doesn't occur in specific line or file, but everywhere.

What do you think it's the problem??

You're using a MSFT tool.
How can I fix it??

Stop using MSFT tools.

Your sanity will return once you stop using mindfuck assramming bad
OSes and tools [that goes double for apple, wtf did you do to libtool?
The CLI is SUPPOSED to not change.. that's the point of it!!!!]

Tom

Mark McIntyre

I think the problem is trying to run the debugger on a Tuesday without
first dancing backwards around a naked virgin.

Hmm, I've tried that, but its damn hard to find any in a student town like
Oxford....

Move to a nunnery?

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre said:
Hmm, I've tried that, but its damn hard to find any in a student town like
Oxford....

There's no requirement that the virgin be female, of legal age, or even
human. Goats work. So do baby brothers while they have their nappies
changed.

Richard

Chris Croughton

There's no requirement that the virgin be female, of legal age, or even
human. Goats work. So do baby brothers while they have their nappies
changed.

He did say "student town", this could affect the availability of goats
and baby brothers. Young pigeons might be available...

(If he's referring to Oxford UK, it's actually a city and the locals
tend to get upset if you refer to it as merely a town. Which doesn't
stop the traditional split between the residents and the university
being referred to as "town and gown"...)

Chris C

Mark McIntyre

Hmm, I've tried that, but its damn hard to find any in a student town like
Oxford....

There's no requirement that the virgin be female, of legal age, or even
human. [/QUOTE]

Its also hard to find all those in a student town....
Goats work.

er....
So do baby brothers while they have their nappies changed.

I guess I could dance round my son. However when in the above state, he
tends to smell bad.... :)

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre said:
Its also hard to find all those in a student town....

Even in the IT department? Surely there must be some anoraks there!

Well, they'd have to be _virgin_ goats, of course. Also very useful for
WinNT installs, which traditionally require blooding, either from a goat
or (by preference) from a user.
I guess I could dance round my son. However when in the above state, he
tends to smell bad.... :)

Also, your wife would probably think it somewhat odd (and more than
likely hand the sprog to you to change :) ).

Richard

Mark McIntyre

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:34:14 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
Even in the IT department? Surely there must be some anoraks there!

Most universities here no longer have an IT department. Its now the
"technical services outsourcing initiative" which consists of marketing
types in shiny suits plying BOFH-style techies with cheap fizz and believe
me, absolutely none of them are virgins by any possible definition of the
word....

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre said:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:34:14 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,

Most universities here no longer have an IT department.

CS faculty, then. Certainly Oxford must have one of those.

Richard