my favourite IDE :the workspace

Discussion in 'Python' started by paolo veronelli, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. I don't mind the reasons why someone attack to defend .The best thing we
    can do is the code anyway.(And python does it better)

    Actually I use vim because I can take off everything from the X screen
    which is not code.
    My window manager is PWM with zero border windows, my root window is
    fading from black to gray40,my gvim has dark background
    and,having no borders itself when I switch to the code workspace I see
    only code in the landscape,no lines no icons,just
    text.

    Lately I found the python_fold.vim script which resolved my problem in
    folding python syntax and I am happy enough with this.

    I saw Eric3 by a friend of mine and it looked good for a starter.I'm
    not.I've coded 20 years now and I've worked a lot with pen and papers,that
    is still my favourite IDE.

    Building my working-space takes me a lot of time.Choosing the most
    configurable tools multiplies the time spent to do it.
    But in the end I feel a piece of the machine sometime the masterpiece ,an
    unpayable feeling......

    Nice coding everybody Paolino

    .....lotta dura per la verdura

    paolo veronelli, Jul 15, 2004