My first mobile web app

Jay

I set up a .NET Mobile web app with a very simple script. I used the
template that is default. I added some text inbetween the form tags. I
attempted to navigate to it using my laptop browser with no problem. I then
attempted to navigate from my web-enabled cell phone to my laptop XP machine
(where the test server exists) using the IP address of my cable modem. I
get an 500: Internal Server Error.

Any ideas why this simple script doesn't work?

<mobile:form id="form1" runat="server">
Hello
</mobile:form>

Guest

Hello,

As you say, the application is pretty simple, so there’s obviously no problems with it, I think the mayor problem is in you “web server†setup. To test this you have to properly configure IIS in your “laptop XP machine†create the virtual directory and check all it’s configuration, you can test this by making an equally simple ASP.NET application and try to access it through the internet (using the IP address of your cable modem) from a computer not directly connected in any way with your “laptop XP machineâ€. That way you’ll know for sure your set up is correct.

When you have that ASP.NET up and running, and viewable from any place in the world trough the internet, then you can set up in that same way your mobile application and access it trough you web enabled phone.

Recommended link:
www.asp.net/mobile

regards!

jdgx(Colombia)