my first website

Discussion in 'HTML' started by LouiseH, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. LouiseH

    LouiseH Guest

    LouiseH, Apr 17, 2004

  2. LouiseH

    Richard Guest

    LouiseH wrote:

    > http://www.freewebs.com/louisehodges

    > let me know your thoughts

    First website? More like the first time you spammed this group.

    I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as "Gator"
    spyware.
    This site merely redirects to another site. Be prepared for the onslaught of
    popups.

    From freewwebs TOS:
    4) FreeWebs.com membership will be revoked if any of the following
    activities occur:
    h) Spamming to promote your website

    Richard, Apr 17, 2004

  3. LouiseH

    Traveler Guest

    Re: my first website - SPAM

    Traveler, Apr 17, 2004
  4. Re: my first website - SPAM

    > I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
    > "Gator" spyware.

    I got the same message.

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, Apr 17, 2004
  6. LouiseH

    Jim Roberts Guest

    "The Doormouse" <> wrote in message
    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    >
    > > I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
    > > "Gator" spyware.

    > I got the same message.
    >
    > The Doormouse
    >
    > --
    > The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.

    freewebs.com is one of the sites that spywareblaster restricts for
    internet explorer. I saw the sight with Firefox but wasn't 'offered' the
    opportunity of downloading gator. Gotta love Firefox.

    regards,
    Jim

    Jim Roberts, Apr 17, 2004
  7. LouiseH

    Hywel Guest

    In article <c5qje2$4k7bm$-berlin.de>,
    says...

    > "The Doormouse" <> wrote in message
    > > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
    > > > "Gator" spyware.

    > > I got the same message.
    > >
    > > The Doormouse
    > >
    > > --
    > > The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.

    > freewebs.com is one of the sites that spywareblaster restricts for
    > internet explorer. I saw the sight with Firefox but wasn't 'offered' the
    > opportunity of downloading gator. Gotta love Firefox.

    Indeed, using IE really grates on me now. I hate the damn thing.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Apr 17, 2004
  8. LouiseH

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Jim Roberts" <> wrote in message

    > "The Doormouse" <> wrote in message
    > > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
    > > > "Gator" spyware.

    > > I got the same message.
    > >
    > > The Doormouse
    > >
    > > --
    > > The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.

    > freewebs.com is one of the sites that spywareblaster restricts for
    > internet explorer. I saw the sight with Firefox but wasn't 'offered' the
    > opportunity of downloading gator. Gotta love Firefox.
    >
    > regards,
    > Jim

    I used IE 6 (Avant) and didn't get any Gator stuff. Avant blocks ads and
    popups tho.

    As for the site... if it really was a first time site, it's not a bad first
    effort. But its stuffed full of bad HTML.

    SpaceGirl, Apr 17, 2004
  9. LouiseH

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <c5q0h5$hk8$>, louise@louise-
    hodges.net says...
    > http://www.freewebs.com/louisehodges
    > let me know your thoughts

    If you are going to use a background with both a left and right border,
    wouldn't it be nicer if you could see the left and right border all the
    time? You could make this a little more fluid probably.

    The image slices you choose are pretty useless and they gain you
    nothing. (Slice where you NEED to is the key) Also how about some
    attention to detail, you did not like up the slices correctly on every
    page.

    If you are going to use columns, at least have them look good. Think
    about moving the content around so the columns are more evenly populated
    with information. For example on the home page, first you have info in
    columns 1-2-3-4 a little lower in 1-2-3 then 1-2 then 2 then 2-3 It
    looks like crap.

    And what the heck is that last little banner on the right?, fine use a
    banner, but put it some place logical.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Apr 17, 2004
  10. >
    > "The Doormouse" <> wrote in message
    >> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
    >> > "Gator" spyware.

    >> I got the same message.
    >>
    >> The Doormouse
    >>
    >> --
    >> The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.

    > freewebs.com is one of the sites that spywareblaster restricts for
    > internet explorer. I saw the sight with Firefox but wasn't 'offered' the
    > opportunity of downloading gator. Gotta love Firefox.
    >
    > regards,
    > Jim

    Yup firefox baby! None of that shit for me

    King of Red Lions, Apr 17, 2004
  11. In article <c5q0h5$hk8$>,
    "LouiseH" <> wrote:

    > http://www.*******.com/louisehodges
    >
    > let me know your thoughts

     ERROR: You have exceeded your clicks for today. You can click more
    outwar links tommorow.

    Audry

    --
    tawdry glamour who is at smile global dot com

    T. Audry Glamour, Apr 17, 2004
  12. LouiseH

    Richard Guest

    T. Audry Glamour wrote:

    > In article <c5q0h5$hk8$>,
    > "LouiseH" <> wrote:

    >> http://www.*******.com/louisehodges
    >>
    >> let me know your thoughts
    >>

    > ERROR: You have exceeded your clicks for today. You can click more
    > outwar links tommorow.

    > Audry

    Shame on you.

    Richard, Apr 18, 2004