My first wxPython App with Twisted - barebones version

koranthala

Hi,
I am creating the first GUI app (wxPython based) using Twisted.
I am facing an issue which I cannot seem to solve/understand due
to lack of trace or anything.
I had a big app written on twisted and now I am creating a login
screen to the app.
The app used to work without any issues. I added the login screen
and the login screen comes up.
But then everything freezes up. I have to force quit the python
application to get anything back. Can anyone help me solve it?
The code is as follows:

import wx
import os
import logging

from twisted.internet import wxreactor
wxreactor.install()
from twisted.internet import reactor #Called only after
wxreactor.install()
from twisted.internet.task import LoopingCall

import clientapp

def opj(path):
""" Convert paths to the platform-specific separator """
st = apply(os.path.join, tuple(path.split('/')))
if path.startswith('/'):
st = '/' + st
return st

class APPApp(wx.App):
def OnInit(self):
self.frame = APPFrame(None, -1, " APP Login", size=(200, 150))
self.panel = APPPanel(self.frame,-1)
client = clientapp.setup_app()
call = LoopingCall(client.run)
call.start(.51)
return True

def main():
app = APPApp(0)
reactor.registerWxApp(app)
try:
reactor.run()
except StandardError:
raise

class APPFrame(wx.Frame):
def __init__(self, parent, id, title, size=None):
wx.Frame.__init__(self, parent, id, title,
size=size, pos=wx.Point(400, 300))
icon = self.get_icon()
self.SetIcon(icon)
self.Show(True)
self.Bind(wx.EVT_CLOSE, self.OnCloseWindow)
self.Bind(wx.EVT_ICONIZE, self.OnIconify)

def on_login_click(self, username, password):
self.Hide()

def OnCloseWindow(self, event):
event.Skip()

def OnIconify(self, event):
self.Hide()

def get_image(self):
img= wx.Image(opj('client.ico'), wx.BITMAP_TYPE_ICO)
return img

def get_icon(self):
img = self.get_image()
icon = wx.IconFromBitmap(img.ConvertToBitmap() )
return icon

if __name__ == '__main__':
main()

[...]

Sorry for spamming this group.
I found that this was due to a interaction with pyHook and the
wxPython GUI.
I havent solved it, but atleast it is not due to twisted and wxPython.