my golf game needs gui

Mike Hoy

hi

i've been writing a golf game in text only. this was to work out some of
details. it's great but making a golf course with ---'s and |||'s is
kinda silly looking. (at least to some..)

now i'm ready to begin shopping for a gui widget to work with python so
my players can have some kind of pictures and possibly some motion.

i won't be creating figures swinging the golf clubs but would like to
show their golf ball flying thru the air and land on the green for one
example.

will pyQT work for me?

any suggestions on which way I should go next?

i would like my game to work on linux and possibly windows as well,
unless developing for windows means i will have to write it all over
again..

let me know what your reactions are.

thanks.

simonwittber

For simple 2D graphics, your best option is pygame.

http://pygame.org/

If you need assistance, join the pygame mailing list, where you should
find someone to help you out.

Mike Meyer

Mike Hoy said:
hi

i've been writing a golf game in text only. this was to work out some of
details. it's great but making a golf course with ---'s and |||'s is
kinda silly looking. (at least to some..)

now i'm ready to begin shopping for a gui widget to work with python so
my players can have some kind of pictures and possibly some motion.

i won't be creating figures swinging the golf clubs but would like to
show their golf ball flying thru the air and land on the green for one
example.

will pyQT work for me?

Yes. The tutorial applications for Qt - which are provided in Python
with PyQt - include an animated game.
any suggestions on which way I should go next?

I like PyQt. Licensing for Windows is problematical, and changing.

<mike