    when trying to access pages within this directory. For some reason, IIS
    still displays the page. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    DavidM, Sep 18, 2004

  2. DavidM

    Evertjan. Guest

    DavidM wrote on 18 sep 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Hello - I have an Intranet website that our corporate users and
    > customers access to pull up information on various things. I now have
    > to publish content that should only be available to corporate users.
    > I do not want to create another website or use host headers... there
    > is no login page or anything today within the ASP pages.
    >
    > What is the best way for me to host content that only internal users
    > can see?

    If others than internal uses can see it, it is not an intranet website.

    If you have internet and LAN access to your site, you can detect a local
    customer by his IP address.

    Try, depending on the LAN ip structure:

    <%
    ip = request.servervariables("remote_addr")
    if ip < "168.192.0.0" or ip > "168.192.255.255" then
    server.transfer "\404.asp"
    end if
    %>

    Even better, use this code in an include file.

    not tested

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Sep 18, 2004

  3. DavidM

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:51:40 -0500, "DavidM" <> wrote:

    >Hello - I have an Intranet website that our corporate users and customers
    >access to pull up information on various things. I now have to publish
    >content that should only be available to corporate users. I do not want to
    >create another website or use host headers... there is no login page or
    >anything today within the ASP pages.
    >
    >What is the best way for me to host content that only internal users can
    >see?

    See:

    http://www.iisfaq.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2531

    >I thought about removing all NTFS permissions to the "private" directory
    >where I plan on having web pages... thinking that IIS would prompt users
    >when trying to access pages within this directory. For some reason, IIS
    >still displays the page. I'm not sure what I'm missing.
    >
    >Does anyone have any ideas?

    Disable anonymous access.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Sep 19, 2004
  4. DavidM

    na Guest

    Not really ASP related but...

    make sure you uncheck - allow annonymous access on the top folder of that
    tree..

    cheers

    na, Sep 27, 2004