My Intranet Website

DavidM

Hello - I have an Intranet website that our corporate users and customers
access to pull up information on various things. I now have to publish
content that should only be available to corporate users. I do not want to
create another website or use host headers... there is no login page or
anything today within the ASP pages.

What is the best way for me to host content that only internal users can
see?

I thought about removing all NTFS permissions to the "private" directory
where I plan on having web pages... thinking that IIS would prompt users
when trying to access pages within this directory. For some reason, IIS
still displays the page. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Evertjan.

DavidM wrote on 18 sep 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hello - I have an Intranet website that our corporate users and
customers access to pull up information on various things. I now have
to publish content that should only be available to corporate users.
I do not want to create another website or use host headers... there
is no login page or anything today within the ASP pages.

What is the best way for me to host content that only internal users
can see?

If others than internal uses can see it, it is not an intranet website.

If you have internet and LAN access to your site, you can detect a local
customer by his IP address.

Try, depending on the LAN ip structure:

<%
ip = request.servervariables("remote_addr")
if ip < "168.192.0.0" or ip > "168.192.255.255" then
server.transfer "\404.asp"
end if
%>

Even better, use this code in an include file.

not tested

Jeff Cochran

Hello - I have an Intranet website that our corporate users and customers
access to pull up information on various things. I now have to publish
content that should only be available to corporate users. I do not want to
create another website or use host headers... there is no login page or
anything today within the ASP pages.

What is the best way for me to host content that only internal users can
see?
See:

http://www.iisfaq.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2531

I thought about removing all NTFS permissions to the "private" directory
where I plan on having web pages... thinking that IIS would prompt users
when trying to access pages within this directory. For some reason, IIS
still displays the page. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Disable anonymous access.

Jeff

na

Not really ASP related but...

make sure you uncheck - allow annonymous access on the top folder of that
tree..

cheers