my lousy ISP asked me to test this newgoup is working

Discussion in 'Python' started by geoff moyle, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. geoff moyle

    geoff moyle Guest

    geoff moyle, Oct 2, 2003

  2. geoff moyle fed this fish to the penguins on Wednesday 01 October 2003
    06:54 pm:

    You "lousy ISP" should have had someone on staff who could have
    performed this test just as easily... Heck... unless they are running
    servers dedicated to just this group, a post to a VALID TEST GROUP
    would have been sufficient to verify that they have connectivity to
    send posts... and receiving new posts from any group should validate
    that they are known to others.

    The only way in which this group might need individual testing would
    be if the ISP peers to another news-server that does NOT carry this
    group. And THAT status should be available by checking the list of
    active groups on their peer -- even Leafnode can identify "no such
    group" when contacting an upstream server.

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Oct 2, 2003