my mod_ruby doesn't like my eruby

Daniel Cremer

Hi,

I'm not able to make eruby work with mod_ruby for some
reason and I haven't found any solutions by looking at
cases with a similar problem.
Each time I run the .rhtml file through the browser I
get an Error 500. I'm using Apache 2.0.40,
mod_ruby-1.0.7, eruby 1.0.4 and ruby 1.8.0. I can run
the .rhtml file with eruby fine and I have checked the
permissions on the file. I have also checked the
httpd.conf file. A look at the error log tells me
this:

[Sun Sep 14 14:03:29 2003] [error] mod_ruby: error in
ruby!(eval):45: (eval):45: uninitialized constant
Apache::ErubyRun (NameError)!!from (eval):45:in
`value'!

Now this makes me assume that I haven't compiled
mod_ruby with eruby (I probably didn't the first
time). However I have gone back and run configure.rb
like this:

[root@li2-108 mod_ruby-1.0.7]# ./configure.rb
--enable-eruby
checking for a BSD compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking whether we are using gcc... yes
checking Ruby version... 1.8.0
checking for static Apache module support... no
checking for dynamic Apache module support... yes
checking for eruby... yes
creating Makefile
creating libruby.module
creating doc/Makefile

When I check I can tell the mod_ruby.so file has been
updated. So normally everything should be fine right?
So I'm kind of stumped at this point. Does anyone have
any ideas please? Am I looking in the wrong direction?
Thanks,
Daniel