my problem with Java Plugin 1.4.1_02 & java.awt.TextArea & Greek char

Discussion in 'Java' started by Thang Nguyen, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Thang Nguyen

    Thang Nguyen Guest

    Hi,

    I use java.awt.TextArea to input Greek char in my Applet. The Greek
    text is displayed well but when I try to get the content of text the
    method getText() returns incorrect content.

    Ex: I type [alpha] (key a), [beta] (key b), [gamma] (key c) - all in
    Greek text in the TextArea. Then getText() returns "abc" instead of
    "[alpha][beta][gamma]", and other characters are "?"

    this only happens when I enable Java Plugin 1.4.1_02 with my browser
    IE6.0. When I disable Plugin, everything works fine with default VM in
    IE.

    please help !!!

    thanks,

    Thang.