    can be done in XML.
    I assume they can, so if any one could confirm this for me or even
    better tell me how I very much appreciate it!

    David, Aug 18, 2003

  2. David

    Andy Fish Guest

    XML is a way to store and manipulate information, it's not a display format.

    when the time comes to display your XML you will need to render it into some
    kind of display format, typically HTML.

    XSL is a mechanism for turning a piece of XML into another piece of XML.

    Since HTML (or more correctly XHTML) is a subset of generic XML, one of the
    uses of XSL is to turn your XML into an HTML web page for display.

    Andy

    Andy Fish, Aug 18, 2003