    http://sinsalabintrix.blogspot.com/2005/02/wee-revolution.html

    Cheers,
    Joao

    Joao Pedrosa, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Michael Neumann wrote:
    > Joao Pedrosa wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I was just itching I guess to create my second Wee example. This time
    >> I try to create a really really fake copy of the Joel on Software
    >> site.

    > One minor thing: If you show a discussion on the right, you can no
    > further click on another topic on the right (you have to click "back to

    ^^^^^
    this should be "left"!

    Regards,

    Michael

    Michael Neumann, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Michael Neumann wrote:
    > Joao Pedrosa wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >>> Well, you call @tread in Topics. If you do this, then of course the
    >>> Topics component will not render itself and will not react on actions
    >>> (until you answer from @tread).
    >>> You should not use call in this situation, use #render and if
    >>> statements.

    >> Done, thanks. :) Pretty easy once we have decided about it. hehe. 6
    >> lines have been changed for this.
    >>
    >> About turning off the Session and creating and interpreting custom
    >> URLs, could you give me some direction beforehand? It would be great
    >> to try this out as soon as possible, because URL is a pending issue to
    >> me. :)

    > I'm not sure what the best way of doing this. Seaside has an updateUrl
    > method, which is called for each component (similar to
    > process_callbacks), and which can be used to modify the URL after an
    > action has occured and processed, but before the redirect to the render
    > phase is done.

    There probably an easier way to accomplish that. Wee already supports
    named_callbacks:

    r.anchor.named_callback('test') { ... }

    All you have to do is, after the action was invoked, to put the
    action-callback name into the regual URL, e.g. from

    # before action was invoked (URL generated from render phase)
    /app/?test

    to:

    # after action was invoked (redirected URL)
    /app/test

    That should be pretty easy to do.

    Regards,

    Michael