    try and open an a asp page.
    I have set Authenticated User permissions to Read & Execute and
    Directory properties to Scripts & Executables. What have I missed ?
    Clive.Bradley, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Clive.Bradley

    Jos Guest

    Clive.Bradley wrote:
    > My newly rented 2003 Standard Edition dedicated server allows me to
    > access HTML or picture files but asks for username and password when I
    > try and open an a asp page.
    > I have set Authenticated User permissions to Read & Execute and
    > Directory properties to Scripts & Executables. What have I missed ?

    Allow anonymous access?

    --

    Jos
    Jos, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Thanks - but I do have "Enable Anonymous access" checked, also
    "Integrated Windows Authentication"

    Clive Bradley, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Clive.Bradley

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 01:23:40 -0700, Clive Bradley
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks - but I do have "Enable Anonymous access" checked, also
    >"Integrated Windows Authentication"

    Uncheck the Integrated Windows if you want the site anonymous.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Thanks Jeff, I tried Unchecking "Integrated Windows Authentication" but
    instead of displaying the "Enter Network Password" dialogue box now it
    just goes straight to the 401.3 Error

    HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on
    the requested resource.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

    Clive Bradley, Jul 29, 2004