    It says: type http://<Your Server Name>/Tutorial/Example1.asp in the address
    bar.
    I installed IIS but I don't know where to find my server name.
    ah, Oct 5, 2004

  2. ah

    PW Guest

    "ah" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am running Windows XP Professional.
    > I am doing the msdn asp tutorial.
    > It says: type http://<Your Server Name>/Tutorial/Example1.asp in the

    address
    > bar.
    > I installed IIS but I don't know where to find my server name.

    use "localhost"
    PW, Oct 5, 2004

  3. ah

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:06:32 +0100, "ah"
    <> wrote:

    >I am running Windows XP Professional.
    >I am doing the msdn asp tutorial.
    >It says: type http://<Your Server Name>/Tutorial/Example1.asp in the address
    >bar.
    >I installed IIS but I don't know where to find my server name.

    It's the name of your computer. In ASP, you must access the page
    through a URL, since the code has to be processed by the ASP engine.
    You have to specify the host name (server name, system name, FQDN,
    etc.) on the URL, and the MSDN tutorial uses the system name as an
    example. If you can get to your web site by any other URL you can use
    that, such as:

    http://localhost/
    http://{System_Name}/
    http://www.sample.com/
    http://{IP_Address}/

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Oct 5, 2004
  4. ah

    Shahid Juma Guest

    You can even access it by going to http://127.0.0.1/.....

    Shahid

    Shahid Juma, Oct 5, 2004
  5. ah

    ah Guest

    Thank you very much to everyone who helped. It works now.

    ah, Oct 5, 2004
  6. Another option, in IE, is http://%computername%

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 5, 2004