My server name?

ah

I am running Windows XP Professional.
I am doing the msdn asp tutorial.
It says: type http://<Your Server Name>/Tutorial/Example1.asp in the address
bar.
I installed IIS but I don't know where to find my server name.

PW

ah said:
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I am doing the msdn asp tutorial.
It says: type http://<Your Server Name>/Tutorial/Example1.asp in the address
bar.
I installed IIS but I don't know where to find my server name.

use "localhost"

Jeff Cochran

I am running Windows XP Professional.
I am doing the msdn asp tutorial.
It says: type http://<Your Server Name>/Tutorial/Example1.asp in the address
bar.
I installed IIS but I don't know where to find my server name.

It's the name of your computer. In ASP, you must access the page
through a URL, since the code has to be processed by the ASP engine.
You have to specify the host name (server name, system name, FQDN,
etc.) on the URL, and the MSDN tutorial uses the system name as an
example. If you can get to your web site by any other URL you can use
that, such as:

http://localhost/
http://{System_Name}/
http://www.sample.com/