    disappears halfway down the long pages....Any ideas would be
    appreciated...
    , Aug 25, 2005

  2. mathlec Guest

    got any URL we can see this?

    This sound more like a CSS problem then a ASP.Net one to me ;)
    mathlec, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Kristal Guest

    Kristal, Aug 25, 2005
  4. Sparky Arbuckle, Aug 25, 2005
  5. darrel Guest

    darrel, Aug 25, 2005
  6. I noticed what you mean on the contact us page. Looked at page source, first
    thing I noticed: you have no <body> tag, you just start using a div after the
    </head> tag.

    I don't know that it makes any difference, but do you need the clear both in
    the footer class?

    =?Utf-8?B?d2JyaWFud2hpdGU=?=, Aug 25, 2005
  7. Hmm. If you get one of the css plug-ins for firefox, you can view css
    information for a page. You select that option and you get a little
    crosshairs thing. Click on the area under where the background stops. Shows
    the style for footer only.

    You can also get a plug-in to outline things. Outline block-level elements.
    For some reason firefox thinks your horsearea div has ended before the
    footer div begins. The page source looks ok to me, but double check those
    divs. You can always add style=border:red solid thick; to one div, then blue
    for the next, etc to see where your divs start and end.

    Wouldn't worry too much though, I like the way it looks in firefox better
    with the footer offset from the content by whitespace.

    =?Utf-8?B?d2JyaWFud2hpdGU=?=, Aug 25, 2005
  8. Kristal Guest

    Hey!Thanks for the advice...I put styles with my div's to see where they
    begin and end....but I still can't figure out the problem. The only
    thing that I can do that changes the pages is in the style sheet w/ the
    height attribute...Now its at 90%, if I change it to pixels the
    background repeats to the bottom of the screen, but that makes the pages
    w/ shorter content screwy, just scroll and scroll till the background
    stops..Heres the code for the background area....Have any more ideas,
    appreciate your help!!!

    #HorseArea {
    position: absolute;
    left: 0px;
    top: 125px;
    background-image:url(../../res/images/horse.jpg);
    background-repeat:repeat-y;
    width: 901px;
    height: 90%;
    border: red solid thick;
    }

    Kristal, Aug 26, 2005
  9. Do you need to specify height at all? Width is commonly specified to ensure
    consistent look regardless of the browser screen size, but height is usually
    left undefined so that it grows or shrinks based on the length of content in
    that block. Try it without specifying the height and let me know how it goes.
    =?Utf-8?B?d2JyaWFud2hpdGU=?=, Aug 29, 2005