    How do i connect to a MySQL sever in ASP, Not MS SQL Server.

    Thanks

    Jason

    Jason Rivers, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Jason Rivers

    dlbjr Guest

    install the ODBC drivers available on the MySQL web side and then create a
    DSN.

    -dlbjr

    Discerning resolutions for the alms

    dlbjr, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Jason Rivers

    dlbjr Guest

    It's the only one I'm knowledgeable of.
    I have used it mainly to hit MySQL on a Linux box.
    I have installed MySQL on the local Microsoft box and connected through ODBC
    locally

    dlbjr, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Jason Rivers

    Ray at Guest

    I've never used MySQL or anything, so I don't know, but
    connectionstrings.com does have an oledb string for MySQL. So, that would
    lead me to believe there's an OLEDB driver available. Nice.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Jason Rivers

    Tony Mak... Guest

    Try this:
    strConn =
    "driver={MySQL};server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;uid=databaseusername;pwd=databasepass
    word;database=databasename;option=NUM"

    Set dbc = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    dbc.open strConn

    Tony Mak...

    Tony Mak..., Oct 27, 2003
  6. http://www.connectionstrings.com