    what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
    mistake ???? thank you..
    www.magnetosgifts.com

    sinclar sodersas, Jul 31, 2003

  2. sinclar sodersas

    rf Guest

    "sinclar sodersas" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > my web page is up again with some inprovement
    > what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
    > mistake ???? thank you..
    > www.magnetosgifts.com

    Ah, much better than the last one I just looked at. Nicely fluid and you let
    *me* choose my own font size. Very good.

    Still using tables for non-tablular data though.

    You should use a width in em's for that left hand nav bar. When I make my
    font larger some of it wraps and some of it disappears off the right hand
    side.

    You also use deprecated stuff lke <font> and bgcolor for table cells. Move
    everything to CSS and go to the strict DTD.

    Speaking of that, where is the doctype. You can't validate without one so I
    assume you have not validated the page.

    There is a missing image just under the first paragraph which, by the way,
    is far to long to read in just one sitting.

    Do NOT mess with my scroll bars.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 31, 2003

  3. On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:13:56 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:

    Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
    from you. Well done.

    Titus A Ducksass, Jul 31, 2003
  4. sinclar sodersas

    rf Guest

    "Titus A Ducksass" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:13:56 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >
    > Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
    > from you. Well done.

    I don't give a rats bloody arse what you think of my posts.

    Do not top post.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 31, 2003
  5. Titus A Ducksass <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:13:56 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    > >"sinclar sodersas" <> wrote in message
    > >> my web page is up again with some inprovement
    > >> what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
    > >> mistake ???? thank you..
    > >> www.magnetosgifts.com

    > >Ah, much better than the last one I just looked at. Nicely fluid and you let
    > >*me* choose my own font size. Very good.
    > >
    > >Still using tables for non-tablular data though.
    > >
    > >You should use a width in em's for that left hand nav bar. When I make my
    > >font larger some of it wraps and some of it disappears off the right hand
    > >side.
    > >
    > >You also use deprecated stuff lke <font> and bgcolor for table cells. Move
    > >everything to CSS and go to the strict DTD.

    > Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
    > from you. Well done.

    Nicely condescending. How about you learn to quote properly while you're at it?

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 31, 2003
  6. sinclar sodersas

    jake Guest

    In message <>, sinclar
    sodersas <> writes
    >my web page is up again with some inprovement
    >what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
    >mistake ???? thank you..
    >www.magnetosgifts.com

    Visually it looks fine.

    However, it seems rather 'difficult' for anyone using a non-visual
    browser/screen reader to use.

    Example. When I first come to your site I discover that it uses frames.
    Navigating to the first frame I hear:

    [www.magnetosgifts.com/catalog.htm.]
    (Start of form 1.)
    [Text: 0.00]
    (End of form 1.)
    [www.magnetosgifts.com/basket.htm.]
    [www.magnetosgifts.com/order01.htm.]

    ........ not sure I'd be able to figure out what that was all about ;-)

    ........ would I stay around long enough to find out?

    regards.
    --
    Jake

    jake, Jul 31, 2003
  7. thanks for the input , i will fix some mager error for now, i am
    inserting about 2000 product ... one-by-one into the database so i
    need time ,insert, insert and keep on going :)) mama too many ...
    and i don't even know if i am going to make money out of this :((.
    well l8r for now..my expresso is ready. ciao.

    sinclar sodersas, Jul 31, 2003
  8. quote what ??? sorry more info ..

    sinclar sodersas, Jul 31, 2003
  9. On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:35:00 +0100, jake <>
    wrote:

    >nyone using a non-visual

    what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?

    sinclar sodersas, Jul 31, 2003
  10. i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge after
    i insert the doctype line

    Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
    service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.

    URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/

    what kind of doctype i should put in ???

    part source list
    Below is the source input I used for this validation:

    1: <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    2: <html>
    3: <head>

    help ????

    sinclar sodersas, Jul 31, 2003
  11. sinclar sodersas

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed sinclar sodersas <>
    writing in news:eek::

    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:35:00 +0100, jake <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>nyone using a non-visual

    > what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?

    No, in this case, a browser that reads the page to you.

    They come in very handy when you're writing content and trying to do your
    own proofreading. Because you've written the content, your eyes might not
    catch errors, but hearing your content read back to you helps you catch
    mistakes easily. I have the IBM Homepage Reader and I love it.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Jul 31, 2003
  12. sinclar sodersas

    jake Guest

    In message <>, sinclar
    sodersas <> writes

    >On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:35:00 +0100, jake <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>nyone using a non-visual

    >what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?

    As an example, people who have sight impairments will use a browser or
    screen reader that will *speak* the contents of the Web page.

    regards
    --
    Jake

    jake, Aug 1, 2003
  13. sinclar sodersas wrote:
    > i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge after
    > i insert the doctype line
    >

    > Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
    > service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.
    >
    > URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/
    >
    > what kind of doctype i should put in ???

    http://www.magnetosgifts.com/ is a blank page. well there's loads of script
    but the w3c validator validates HTML - it doesn't understand javascript.
    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Aug 1, 2003
  14. so how can i validate this page ... i 'm using a shopping cart program
    that generate this web template . "scs3.2 - www.scsystem.com "

    sinclar sodersas, Aug 1, 2003
  15. On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:04:04 +0100, jake <>
    wrote:

    >In message <>, sinclar
    >sodersas <> writes
    >>

    >>On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:35:00 +0100, jake <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>nyone using a non-visual

    >>what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?
    >>

    >As an example, people who have sight impairments will use a browser or
    >screen reader that will *speak* the contents of the Web page.
    >
    >regards

    There are other devices such as braile readers which output the text
    character by character one line at a time.

    I prefer the Jaws screen reader.

    To test if your site works, install a screen reader, turn off the
    monitor and see if you can navigate through the site.

    Never ask a VI person to check your site for you as they tend to know
    the quirks to get past bad code and tend to forget to tell you about
    it.

    Titus A Ducksass, Aug 1, 2003
  16. In article <>,
    says...

    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
    --
    Hywel I do not each quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Aug 1, 2003
  17. sinclar sodersas

    rf Guest

    "My Liege" <> wrote in message

    <snip righteous rubbish>

    Do **** off, there's a good chap.

    rf, Aug 1, 2003
  18. sinclar sodersas wrote:
    > On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:15:46 +0100, "William Tasso" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> sinclar sodersas wrote:
    >>> i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge
    >>> after i insert the doctype line
    >>>

    >>> Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
    >>> service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.
    >>>
    >>> URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/
    >>>
    >>> what kind of doctype i should put in ???

    >> http://www.magnetosgifts.com/ is a blank page. well there's loads
    >> of script but the w3c validator validates HTML - it doesn't
    >> understand javascript.

    > so how can i validate this page ... i 'm using a shopping cart program
    > that generate this web template . "scs3.2 - www.scsystem.com "

    I have no experience of using that software but I do know that web pages
    should contain HTML. For any other type of resource you will need to use
    different type of validation to spec.

    Perhaps use a more standards compliant shopping cart.
    http://www.scsystem.com doesn't validate either which gives an indication
    (but not proof of course) of the quality of pages generated with their
    software.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Aug 1, 2003