my web page is up again with inprovement

rf

sinclar sodersas said:
my web page is up again with some inprovement
what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
mistake ???? thank you..
www.magnetosgifts.com

Ah, much better than the last one I just looked at. Nicely fluid and you let
*me* choose my own font size. Very good.

Still using tables for non-tablular data though.

You should use a width in em's for that left hand nav bar. When I make my
font larger some of it wraps and some of it disappears off the right hand
side.

You also use deprecated stuff lke <font> and bgcolor for table cells. Move
everything to CSS and go to the strict DTD.

Speaking of that, where is the doctype. You can't validate without one so I
assume you have not validated the page.

There is a missing image just under the first paragraph which, by the way,
is far to long to read in just one sitting.

Do NOT mess with my scroll bars.

Cheers
Richard.

Titus A Ducksass

Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
from you. Well done.

rf

Titus A Ducksass said:
Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
from you. Well done.

I don't give a rats bloody arse what you think of my posts.

Do not top post.

Cheers
Richard.

Hywel Jenkins

Titus A Ducksass said:
Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
from you. Well done.

Nicely condescending. How about you learn to quote properly while you're at it?

jake

sinclar said:
my web page is up again with some inprovement
what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
mistake ???? thank you..
www.magnetosgifts.com

Visually it looks fine.

However, it seems rather 'difficult' for anyone using a non-visual
browser/screen reader to use.

Example. When I first come to your site I discover that it uses frames.
Navigating to the first frame I hear:

[www.magnetosgifts.com/catalog.htm.]
(Start of form 1.)
[Text: 0.00]
(End of form 1.)
[www.magnetosgifts.com/basket.htm.]
[www.magnetosgifts.com/order01.htm.]

........ not sure I'd be able to figure out what that was all about ;-)

........ would I stay around long enough to find out?

regards.

sinclar sodersas

thanks for the input , i will fix some mager error for now, i am
inserting about 2000 product ... one-by-one into the database so i
need time ,insert, insert and keep on going :)) mama too many ...
and i don't even know if i am going to make money out of this :((.
well l8r for now..my expresso is ready. ciao.

sinclar sodersas

i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge after
i insert the doctype line

Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.

URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/

what kind of doctype i should put in ???

part source list
Below is the source input I used for this validation:

1: <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
2: <html>
3: <head>

help ????

Adrienne

what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?

No, in this case, a browser that reads the page to you.

They come in very handy when you're writing content and trying to do your
own proofreading. Because you've written the content, your eyes might not
catch errors, but hearing your content read back to you helps you catch
mistakes easily. I have the IBM Homepage Reader and I love it.

jake

sinclar said:
what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?
As an example, people who have sight impairments will use a browser or
screen reader that will *speak* the contents of the Web page.

regards

William Tasso

sinclar said:
i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge after
i insert the doctype line

Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.

URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/

what kind of doctype i should put in ???

http://www.magnetosgifts.com/ is a blank page. well there's loads of script
but the w3c validator validates HTML - it doesn't understand javascript.

Titus A Ducksass

As an example, people who have sight impairments will use a browser or
screen reader that will *speak* the contents of the Web page.

regards
There are other devices such as braile readers which output the text
character by character one line at a time.

I prefer the Jaws screen reader.

To test if your site works, install a screen reader, turn off the
monitor and see if you can navigate through the site.

Never ask a VI person to check your site for you as they tend to know
the quirks to get past bad code and tend to forget to tell you about
it.

William Tasso

so how can i validate this page ... i 'm using a shopping cart program
that generate this web template . "scs3.2 - www.scsystem.com "

I have no experience of using that software but I do know that web pages
should contain HTML. For any other type of resource you will need to use
different type of validation to spec.

Perhaps use a more standards compliant shopping cart.
http://www.scsystem.com doesn't validate either which gives an indication
(but not proof of course) of the quality of pages generated with their
software.