    resize button. Does anyone know how I can make all of my
    web pages look the way I made them to be. Need help ASAP.
    My regular e-mail address is

    Randy Hudson, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Randy Hudson

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    you will need to use absolute font sizes instead of relative sizes for all
    controls which render text. that way, when the user adjusts their text size
    in their browser, your control and the text in it stays put because the font
    size would be 10px for example. It's quite a lot of work to adjust all the
    controls to absolute font size since the default is relative, but if this is
    the effect you want, i know of no other way.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney, Dec 28, 2003

  3. Randy Hudson

    Jos Guest

    Randy Hudson wrote:
    > My web pages always look different on other peoples
    > computers. How do I stop the client from using their text
    > resize button. Does anyone know how I can make all of my
    > web pages look the way I made them to be. Need help ASAP.
    > My regular e-mail address is

    If you really need this, see Alvin's response.

    But if you're a good web site designer, you need to make
    sure that your pages look well in all sizes.
    If you impose your own size, you are taking away functionality
    from the user (especially from visually impaired users).

    --

    Jos Branders

    Jos, Dec 28, 2003
  4. Randy Hudson

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    > If you impose your own size, you are taking away functionality
    > from the user (especially from visually impaired users).

    That's a very very good point. I missed that.

    Did i mention that was a good point?

    Alvin Bruney, Dec 28, 2003