My web pages always look different on other peoples computers.

Randy Hudson

My web pages always look different on other peoples
computers. How do I stop the client from using their text
resize button. Does anyone know how I can make all of my
web pages look the way I made them to be. Need help ASAP.
My regular e-mail address is (e-mail address removed)

Alvin Bruney

you will need to use absolute font sizes instead of relative sizes for all
controls which render text. that way, when the user adjusts their text size
in their browser, your control and the text in it stays put because the font
size would be 10px for example. It's quite a lot of work to adjust all the
controls to absolute font size since the default is relative, but if this is
the effect you want, i know of no other way.

Jos

Randy said:
My web pages always look different on other peoples
computers. How do I stop the client from using their text
resize button. Does anyone know how I can make all of my
web pages look the way I made them to be. Need help ASAP.
My regular e-mail address is (e-mail address removed)

If you really need this, see Alvin's response.

But if you're a good web site designer, you need to make
sure that your pages look well in all sizes.
If you impose your own size, you are taking away functionality
from the user (especially from visually impaired users).

Alvin Bruney

If you impose your own size, you are taking away functionality
from the user (especially from visually impaired users).

That's a very very good point. I missed that.

Did i mention that was a good point?