MyBase.Load

rn5a

Often I come across the following Page_Load sub declaration in ASPX
pages:

Sub Page_Load(ByVal obj As Object, ByVal ea As EventArgs) Handles
MyBase.Load
End Sub

What does MyBase.Load do here? What for it is used? Is there any
difference between the above Page_Load sub declaration &

Sub Page_Load(ByVal obj As Object, ByVal ea As EventArgs)

Guest

Howdy,

Yes, there is a difference.

The First one is explicit declaration that attaches event handler to Load
event and will work even if the autorwireevents is set to false (default for
code behind files - Asp.net 1.1). the second will only work if
autorwireevents="true" (asp.net attaches handler for you when page is
compiled - default for dynamic compilation and code files in asp.net 2.0)

Hope this helps