'mycontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in namespace ASP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SGFucyBCYXVtYW5u?=, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. Hi everybody

    I've seen a lots of question about this issue. This is my enviroment:

    XP Professional all SP updated - Development machine
    Windows 2003 Server (without sp1) - Production machine

    I've updated a VS 2003 asp.net web app project to the new VS 2005 Web
    Application Projects. Everything went ok until this error appears.

    Looking into the temporay files, I've discovered that there are actually a
    lot of .vb source files and looking inside there was two declaration of the
    same 'mycontrol' user control class. One in a file name
    "App_Web_<randomtext>.vb" and other with the name
    "App_Web_mycontrol.ascx.<randomtext>.vb". Both of them contains the same
    declaration. ¿Anyone know why it creates the second kind of .vb *sometimes*
    and not for all the user controls used in the web project?

    I believed I tried everything: Renaming the namespace control, the tagname
    in the @ Register directive, specifying the Classname (including namespace)
    in the @ Control directive, deleting and creating form scratch the control,
    deleting the .net temporary files (it worked fine in my development machine,
    but in my server it didn't).

    If somebody has the same problem, I will try to create a new web application
    project form scratch to see if the problems still continues and can reproduce
    it.

    Another point: Although my windows is in spanish, all my software is in
    english. ¿Should be the problem in the international versions of .net 2.0?

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFucyBCYXVtYW5u?=, Nov 23, 2006