mycursor.cur

Joe Mamma

I mde a 16x16 bmp, renamed it to mycursor.cur:
I am testing this:

<head>
</head>
body{
cursor: url(mycursor.cur)
}

cursor test

it does not work, does it go in the <head>? do I have to upload the
mycursor.cur for it to work? Right now it is in the same directory as the
mycursor.htm file.
Thanks for any help!

Disco Octopus

Joe Mamma wrote :
it does not work, does it go in the <head>?

trust your instincts luke.

i dont know what the ".cur" extension will be treated as by IE, but if
the file is a BMP then leave it as such. I would probably make a .ico
instead though

DU

Joe said:
I mde a 16x16 bmp, renamed it to mycursor.cur:
I am testing this:

No doctype declaration.

<head>
</head>

body{
cursor: url(mycursor.cur)
}

You must provide a default fallback cursor in case your custom one does
not successfully loads. Eg
body{
cursor: url("mycursor.cur"), auto;
}

cursor test

it does not work, does it go in the <head>?

Yes. A simple markup validation test would have reported this error.

http://validator.w3.org/

do I have to upload the
mycursor.cur for it to work? Right now it is in the same directory as the
mycursor.htm file.
Thanks for any help!

DU

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Joe said:
I mde a 16x16 bmp, renamed it to mycursor.cur:

So now you have a bitmap file, with an incorrect extension. You would
need to *convert* the bitmap to a cursor file, using an image editor.

I'd guess that browsers would have the right to refuse to display it.