    code by platform/language/keyword/most popular, etc. It would support
    EVERY platform imaginable, from 8-bit atari code to .NET and Java apps.
    Does anything like this exist?

    Mad Scientist Jr, Oct 12, 2006

  2. Mad Scientist Jr

    Guest

    great idea. let me know if you find one! ;)

    On Oct 12, 5:18 pm, "Mad Scientist Jr" <>
    wrote:
    > Is there a myspace type site that is a place for programmers to post
    > their apps for people to download? It would have to be user friendly
    > like tucows but allow a programmer to create their own home page where
    > they can post their apps (including open source if they wish). People
    > can network and link to each other, rate other's apps, and search for
    > code by platform/language/keyword/most popular, etc. It would support
    > EVERY platform imaginable, from 8-bit atari code to .NET and Java apps.
    > Does anything like this exist?

    , Oct 12, 2006

  3. "Mad Scientist Jr" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a myspace type site that is a place for programmers to post
    > their apps for people to download? It would have to be user friendly
    > like tucows but allow a programmer to create their own home page where
    > they can post their apps (including open source if they wish). People
    > can network and link to each other, rate other's apps, and search for
    > code by platform/language/keyword/most popular, etc. It would support
    > EVERY platform imaginable, from 8-bit atari code to .NET and Java apps.
    > Does anything like this exist?

    Sourceforce?

    Download.com?

    There is a great site called godaddy.com which will allow you to register
    and host a site of your own specifications without limitation. You will
    find at least 1000 similar sites web services out there ;)

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Oct 12, 2006
  4. Mad Scientist Jr

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Luc The Perverse" <> wrote in message
    > "Mad Scientist Jr" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a myspace type site that is a place for programmers to post
    >> their apps for people to download? It would have to be user friendly
    >> like tucows but allow a programmer to create their own home page where
    >> they can post their apps (including open source if they wish). People
    >> can network and link to each other, rate other's apps, and search for
    >> code by platform/language/keyword/most popular, etc. It would support
    >> EVERY platform imaginable, from 8-bit atari code to .NET and Java apps.
    >> Does anything like this exist?
    >>

    > Sourceforce?

    I was going to say SourceForge too, except your app has to be open
    source to appear there, and I'm not sure you can rate the applications.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Oct 13, 2006