    code by platform/language/keyword/most popular, etc. It would support
    EVERY platform imaginable, from 8-bit atari code to .NET and Java apps.
    Does anything like this exist?
    Mad Scientist Jr, Oct 12, 2006

  2. On Fri, Oct 13, 2006, Mad Scientist Jr wrote:
    > Is there a myspace type site that is a place for programmers to post
    > their apps for people to download? It would have to be user friendly
    > like tucows but allow a programmer to create their own home page where
    > they can post their apps (including open source if they wish). People
    > can network and link to each other, rate other's apps, and search for
    > code by platform/language/keyword/most popular, etc. It would support
    > EVERY platform imaginable, from 8-bit atari code to .NET and Java apps.
    > Does anything like this exist?

    SourceForge: http://sf.net
    RubyForge for Ruby-specific stuff: http://rubyforge.org

    It's not everything you want, but it's enough. I don't think anybody
    *really* wants to be able to rate the quality of other developer's apps.
    Hot or Not doesn't have much of a place in the development community.

    Ben
    Ben Bleything, Oct 12, 2006

  3. Mad Scientist Jr

    Guest

    Mad Scientist Jr wrote:
    > Is there a myspace type site that is a place for programmers to post
    > their apps for people to download? It would have to be user friendly
    > like tucows but allow a programmer to create their own home page where
    > they can post their apps (including open source if they wish). People
    > can network and link to each other, rate other's apps, and search for
    > code by platform/language/keyword/most popular, etc. It would support
    > EVERY platform imaginable, from 8-bit atari code to .NET and Java apps.
    > Does anything like this exist?

    Since this is c.l.lisp, try:

    common-lisp.net

    but if you have to use other languages, look to these:

    sourceforge.net = open-source only
    freshmeat.net = prefers open source
    , Oct 13, 2006
  4. On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:50:16AM +0900, wrote:

    > Mad Scientist Jr wrote:
    > > Is there a myspace type site that is a place for programmers to post
    > > their apps for people to download? It would have to be user friendly
    > > like tucows but allow a programmer to create their own home page where
    > > they can post their apps (including open source if they wish). People
    > > can network and link to each other, rate other's apps, and search for
    > > code by platform/language/keyword/most popular, etc. It would support
    > > EVERY platform imaginable, from 8-bit atari code to .NET and Java apps.
    > > Does anything like this exist?

    > Since this is c.l.lisp, try:
    >
    > common-lisp.net
    >
    > but if you have to use other languages, look to these:

    I'm guessing this reply means this message was cross-posted. Joy.

    Logan Capaldo, Oct 14, 2006