MySQL 5 and Rails

Sascha Ebach

Hi,

now that MySQL 5 is out I wonder if anyone has tried it with Rails. I
have not yet myself. Just wanted to know if someone has tried it and
found it workable or if it is just not compatible at the moment (which I
somehow suspect).

Sascha Ebach

Jeremy Kemper

Sascha Ebach

I have been testing against it for months with no trouble.
Be sure to recompile your MySQL bindings (gem install mysql) and use
new-style password hashing (only an issue if you're migrating a
database created before MySQL 4.1).

Good to know. Thanks Jeremy! I was curious if I would be able to migrate
soon. I will have to do tests with PHP 4 though. But I think I will wait
for a couple more minor revisions.

Sascha Ebach