mysql C++ API (sorry for posting here!)

Paul Drummond

Hi all,

I have no idea where to post questions like this. Just tried sending
this message to comp.database but that didn't work - read-only
newsgroup or something. So I appologise for posting here - If anyone
could refer me to a more apprpriate group I would be grateful. Anyway,
in the mean time I am going to ask my question - it is related to C++
afterall!

----

I am using a Redhat9 Linux system and I am trying to find an
alternative API to mysql++ as I've had bad experiences with it (classes
implemented at structs, exceptions are optional(!), documentation is
next to useless, tries to do too much, overly complicated interface,
the list could go on forever).

mysqlppapi seems to be a valid choice but it is unmaintained and seems
to lack support. Has anyone had any experiences with it? Would it be
a good choice even now after months of no activity?

I am a litte confused as I thought the internet would be bursting with
C++ SQL APIs to choose from!

BTW: Depending on the outcome of this email and further investigation -
if no existing solution comes to light - I would be happy to consider
improving mysqlppapi or implementing my own API, or whatever. I just
can't beleive there is nothing already out there!

Cheers,
Paul Drummond

Paul Drummond

Yeah, I did notice OTL but it used ODBC. Isn't there a performance hit
going through ODBC to access mysql? Also, I'm not sure what the state
of the MySql ODBC library is for Redhat9. I will look into it though,
cheers.

Paul Drummond

Peter Koch Larsen

Paul Drummond said:
Hi all,

I have no idea where to post questions like this. Just tried sending
this message to comp.database but that didn't work - read-only
newsgroup or something. So I appologise for posting here - If anyone
could refer me to a more apprpriate group I would be grateful. Anyway,
in the mean time I am going to ask my question - it is related to C++
afterall!
Visit the mysql homepage. They have forums there, including one for C++. My
immediate guess is that they will provide very good assistance.

/Peter

Rene Moehring

Hi all,

I have no idea where to post questions like this. Just tried sending
this message to comp.database but that didn't work - read-only
newsgroup or something. So I appologise for posting here - If anyone
could refer me to a more apprpriate group I would be grateful. Anyway,
in the mean time I am going to ask my question - it is related to C++
afterall!

----

I am using a Redhat9 Linux system and I am trying to find an
alternative API to mysql++ as I've had bad experiences with it (classes
implemented at structs, exceptions are optional(!), documentation is
next to useless, tries to do too much, overly complicated interface,
the list could go on forever).

A lot happend there. Are you sure you saw 1.7.40 and not just the very
outdated 1.7.9? http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/