Mysql::Error Table doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Michael Furmaniuk, Apr 7, 2009.

  1. I installed the Windows mysql gem, I'm using MySQL on Windows, and have
    been able to get the connection to work but am having trouble figuring
    out what is happening with my query. What I have is (with non-essential
    parts stripped out):

    require 'active_record'

    # Database connection
    begin
    dbconfig = YAML::load(File.open('../conf/database.yml'))
    ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(dbconfig)
    rescue
    puts $!
    end

    class TestResults < ActiveRecord::Base
    end

    io.puts "What Agents do you want to see?\n"
    io.print "Agent Name = "
    my_agent = io.gets.chomp
    io.puts "Looking for #{my_agent}\n"
    begin
    agents = TestResults.first()
    io.puts %{Found #{agents.testname} - #{agents.status}}
    rescue
    puts $!
    end

    When I run interactively I can enter my Agent name but all I see then
    is:
    Mysql::Error: Table 'auto_harness_development.test_results' doesn't
    exist: SELECT * FROM `test_results` LIMIT 1

    I don't understand why test_results is getting appended to the table
    name, or why its being inserted into the select statement as the table
    name, is there a configuration parameter I need to set or am I just
    misusing the query?
    Michael Furmaniuk, Apr 7, 2009

  2. So, I ended up taking another look at this today and realized I hadn't
    been paying as much attention to the naming as I would in Rails.

    Changing:
    > class TestResults < ActiveRecord::Base

    class AutoHarnesses < ActiveRecord::Base

    and

    > agents = TestResults.first()

    agents = AutoHarnesses.first()

    I get my query to complete, I didn't realize ActiveRecord here was also
    using the same naming standards as it does within Rails, but I should
    have expected that since the access methods seem to be the same.
    Michael Furmaniuk, Apr 8, 2009