MySQL failed to install due to priveleges

Thufir

MySQL failed to install and gave the following error:

Product: MySQL Server 5.0 -- Error 1925.You do not have sufficient
privileges to complete this installation for all users of the
machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.

I'm looking for an alternative on Windows XP -- an installer which
doesn't require administrator privileges so that I can muck around
with Ruby more on the database side.

thanks,

Thufir

Doug Phillips

I'm looking for an alternative on Windows XP -- an installer which
doesn't require administrator privileges so that I can muck around
with Ruby more on the database side.

If you have Access installed on your computer, you could work with
access through the ODBC connection (not MySQL, but it's a DB). You
could also use SQLite.

Those are just a couple of options I can think of off the top of my
head.

-Doug

Alex Young

Thufir said:
MySQL failed to install and gave the following error:

Product: MySQL Server 5.0 -- Error 1925.You do not have sufficient
privileges to complete this installation for all users of the
machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.

I'm looking for an alternative on Windows XP -- an installer which
doesn't require administrator privileges so that I can muck around
with Ruby more on the database side.
Have you tried Instant Rails? As far as I recall it doesn't need
installing.

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl