MySQL failed to install due to priveleges

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Thufir, Nov 13, 2007.

  1. Thufir

    Thufir Guest

    MySQL failed to install and gave the following error:

    Product: MySQL Server 5.0 -- Error 1925.You do not have sufficient
    privileges to complete this installation for all users of the
    machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.

    I'm looking for an alternative on Windows XP -- an installer which
    doesn't require administrator privileges so that I can muck around
    with Ruby more on the database side.

    thanks,

    Thufir
    Thufir, Nov 13, 2007

  2. > -----Original Message-----

    > I'm looking for an alternative on Windows XP -- an installer which
    > doesn't require administrator privileges so that I can muck around
    > with Ruby more on the database side.

    If you have Access installed on your computer, you could work with
    access through the ODBC connection (not MySQL, but it's a DB). You
    could also use SQLite.

    Those are just a couple of options I can think of off the top of my
    head.

    -Doug
    Doug Phillips, Nov 13, 2007

  3. Thufir

    Alex Young Guest

    Thufir wrote:
    > MySQL failed to install and gave the following error:
    >
    > Product: MySQL Server 5.0 -- Error 1925.You do not have sufficient
    > privileges to complete this installation for all users of the
    > machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.

    > I'm looking for an alternative on Windows XP -- an installer which
    > doesn't require administrator privileges so that I can muck around
    > with Ruby more on the database side.

    Have you tried Instant Rails? As far as I recall it doesn't need
    installing.

    http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

    --
    Alex
    Alex Young, Nov 14, 2007
  4. Thufir

    John Joyce Guest

    On Nov 14, 2007, at 4:42 AM, Alex Young wrote:

    > Thufir wrote:
    >> MySQL failed to install and gave the following error:
    >> Product: MySQL Server 5.0 -- Error 1925.You do not have sufficient
    >> privileges to complete this installation for all users of the
    >> machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this
    >> installation.
    >> I'm looking for an alternative on Windows XP -- an installer which
    >> doesn't require administrator privileges so that I can muck around
    >> with Ruby more on the database side.

    > Have you tried Instant Rails? As far as I recall it doesn't need
    > installing.
    >
    > http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl
    >
    > --
    > Alex

    Or try some other alternatives: SQLite, PostGRESql
    John Joyce, Nov 14, 2007
  5. Thufir

    Thufir Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:13:11 +0900, John Joyce wrote:

    > Or try some other alternatives: SQLite, PostGRESql

    Next time I'm at a Windows box I'll try SQLite, it looks interesting and
    Why has a page on it at <http://whytheluckystiff.net/articles/
    aQuickGuideToSQLite.html> which looks interesting.

    -Thufir
    Thufir, Nov 17, 2007