mysql module on powerpc mac

Ben Aroia

I get this:
LoadError: Failed to load
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.0/mysql.bundle

when I run my ruby script. I'm working on a iBook G4 (PowerPC 10.4.11)
with MySQL MySQL 5.0.51a and ruby 1.8.6

I downloaded 2.7.4 package from http://tmtm.org/downloads/mysql/ruby/
and set to work trying to install it.

I followed most of the instructions from
http://www.railsdev.ws/blog/9/compiling-mysql-ruby-for-powerpc/

Now everything installed fine, I've got the /powerpc-darwin8.0 file,
make ran cleanly as well as install.

My ruby script goes like this:

#!/usr/bin/ruby

require 'net/http'
require 'mysql'
require 'date'

.../ more stuff

Now when I run the script, I get the above mentioned error. I had been
having trouble running the install using gems so I opted for this
approach. Anybody know whats going on? ;) Thanks.

Roger Pack

Might be some kind of version conflict between your mysql bundle and
your mysql libs that are installed.
I installed mysql and mysql-dev using macports, then installed the mysql
gem using -- --with-config=/opt/local/bin/mysql_config5 # or something
like that and it worked on my PPC.
GL!
-R

Ben Aroia

Roger said:
Might be some kind of version conflict between your mysql bundle and
your mysql libs that are installed.
I installed mysql and mysql-dev using macports, then installed the mysql
gem using -- --with-config=/opt/local/bin/mysql_config5 # or something
like that and it worked on my PPC.
GL!
-R

It could be, but it's not the most important thing in the world so I
just re-wrote everything in Python. :D
I had once messed around with Fink and MacPorts and ended up with like 3
copies of Ruby on my system. Because the programs themselves edit the
$PATH, they never know where to look, or they look everywhere and you
don't know which version your running without checking every time.