[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106) ?

Björn Linevondeberg

Hello Everybody,

I coded my first Asp.Net application and got this error message
when trying to connect to a mysql-database via ODBC.

Using the same connection in Vb.Net brings success.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

George Ter-Saakov

Something with a setup of the machine.
It's a security problem since you can do it under your account and ASP.NET
can not.

The error 10106 means "The requested service provider could not be loaded or
initialized. "

Do you have any firewal, PCZone, ... applications?

George.

Björn Line von de Berg

Yes, our company uses a firewall for internet activity.
But I only started the application in intranet on my computer.

The webserver and mysql-database I wanted to work with / to connect to
is on my pc.

George Ter-Saakov

Make sure that nothing is prompting for user name and password when you are
trying to access MySql from desktop application.

Also check with your admin that NT Authentication is not used when desktop
application access MySql. The NT authentication is the silent way to check
your credentials. So IIS account is failing to provide that since it's local
account.

George.