    have a bunch of tables that are all have one-to-many relationships.

    >From my access experience, when you relate two tables, you create an

    autolookup column in the child table of a one-to-many relationship. Do
    you do something similar in sql? If so, what would this command look
    like?

    Thanks

    Justin, Oct 14, 2006

  2. On 13 Oct 2006 18:26:12 -0700, Justin wrote:
    > off subject, however, this is an intelligent group and I am sure
    > someone can answer my question. I've been scouring the internet, and
    > cannot find an answer.

    While scouring the internet, did it never occur to you that there
    might be newsgroups where this *isn't* off topic?

    http://groups.google.com/ and http://dir.gmane.org/ both have boxes
    where you can search for appropriate groups.

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Oct 14, 2006

  3. Justin wrote:
    > off subject, however, this is an intelligent group and I am sure
    > someone can answer my question. I've been scouring the internet, and
    > cannot find an answer. I have a MySQL database that I've created. I
    > have a bunch of tables that are all have one-to-many relationships.
    >
    > >From my access experience, when you relate two tables, you create an

    > autolookup column in the child table of a one-to-many relationship. Do
    > you do something similar in sql? If so, what would this command look
    > like?

    This is a foreign key constraint. You can find it in the MySQL
    documentation.

    Furious George, Oct 14, 2006
  4. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Indeed it did. However those groups dont have a lot of activity, and I
    am very impatient.

    Justin, Oct 14, 2006
  5. Justin wrote:
    > Indeed it did. However those groups dont have a lot of activity, and I
    > am very impatient.

    That is a very poor imitation of a troll. :-(
    Please apply more effort in future.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 14, 2006
  6. Justin

    Justin Guest

    i am no troll. i take offense to that.

    Justin, Oct 14, 2006
  7. Justin wrote:
    > i am no troll. i take offense to that.
    >

    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >> Justin wrote:
    >>> Indeed it did. However those groups dont have a lot of activity, and I
    >>> am very impatient.

    >> That is a very poor imitation of a troll. :-(
    >> Please apply more effort in future.
    >>
    >> Andrew T.

    Much better. That's the spirit!

    Jeffrey Schwab, Oct 14, 2006
  8. Justin

    Rhino Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Indeed it did. However those groups dont have a lot of activity, and I
    > am very impatient.

    Is that a synonym for "too lazy to post a question on an appropriate forum
    and actually wait for an answer"?

    For your information, the general MySQL forum is quite active; as a
    subscriber, I see dozens of posts a day on a normal day.

    --
    Rhino

    Rhino, Oct 15, 2006