    is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?
    if it is possible tell me what should I do?
    , Jun 5, 2006

  2. Dann Corbit Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi all!!
    > is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?

    Yes.
    You can use ODBC, OLEDB, .NET adapters or use the C API directly.

    > if it is possible tell me what should I do?

    1. Go to the MySQL site and download their documentation.
    2. Read the documentation
    3. Do what it says.
    Dann Corbit, Jun 5, 2006

  3. Simon Biber Guest

    wrote:
    > hi all!!
    > is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?
    > if it is possible tell me what should I do?

    There are several third-party libraries that you can use to connect to
    MySQL databases.

    Such functionality is not part of the standard C library itself, and is
    not necessarily available on every single C implementation.

    --
    Simon.
    Simon Biber, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Nelu Guest

    On 2006-06-05, <> wrote:
    > hi all!!
    > is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?
    > if it is possible tell me what should I do?

    This is off-topic on c.l.c.

    You could go to www.mysql.com and check the documentation.
    You can also find the libraries and the header files that
    you need to use in your C program. That's if you want to
    connect directly to the server using their C API. There
    are other solutions but some of them may depend on your
    OS.
    This is just in case you want to use an already existing
    library. If you are trying to create a client from scratch
    you will need to learn about sockets, pipes or something
    else, things that are also off-topic on c.l.c.

    --
    Ioan - Ciprian Tandau
    (... and that it still works...)
    Nelu, Jun 6, 2006