Mysql-ruby 2.7.2 not compile with ruby 1.9

fg

Hello,

Following changes in the RSTRING structure of ruby 1.9 (CVS), the
mysql-ruby 2.7.2 library doesn't compile anymore. Is there a newer
version of mysql-ruby? Or else it will make a nice week end project for
me :)

Francois

George Ogata

Hello,

Following changes in the RSTRING structure of ruby 1.9 (CVS), the
mysql-ruby 2.7.2 library doesn't compile anymore. Is there a newer
version of mysql-ruby? Or else it will make a nice week end project for
me :)

I doubt one already exists.

FYI, 1.9 has undergone quite a few fairly significant changes,
particularly over the last year or so. You'll probably find a lot of
libraries, extensions, and applications don't work with it anymore.
It's largely an experimental playground. I hope you're not trying to
use it for production code.