MySQL/Ruby on Windows

Williams, Chris

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4E46C.B0F9339F

I'm trying to install the C-based MySQL/Ruby library on my WinXP box and
MySQL 4.1.7

Running "ruby extconf.rb -with-mysql-dir=3DC:/mysql-4.1.7-win" doesn't
seem to work, I get:

checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in m.lib... yes
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in z.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in socket.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no

Am I missing something here? Should I have put some special DLLs into my
PATH or something? Is there already a pre-compiled /packaged version of
the C-based MySQL driver for x86/Win32?

Thanks,
Chris

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4E46C.B0F9339F--

Curt Hibbs

I'm trying to install the C-based MySQL/Ruby library on my WinXP box and
MySQL 4.1.7

Running "ruby extconf.rb -with-mysql-dir=C:/mysql-4.1.7-win" doesn't
seem to work, I get:

checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in m.lib... yes
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in z.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in socket.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no

Am I missing something here? Should I have put some special DLLs into my
PATH or something? Is there already a pre-compiled /packaged version of
the C-based MySQL driver for x86/Win32?

Starting with version 4.1.7 MySQL is using a new authentication algorithm
that is not compatible with older client software. You might be running into
this problem. For more information about this issue, see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Old_client.html.

Curt