mysql-ruby troubles

Armin Preis

Hi!

When installing mysql-ruby-2.5.4 on Mandrake 9.2.

ruby extconf.rb
brings up the following messages:

----
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lm... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lz... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lsocket... no
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lnsl... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
----

and no makefile is created.

Installed versions (RPM packages):
Ruby-1.6.8
Mysql-4.0.11a

Can anyone tell me, what's the problem here and what I can do?
Thanks a lot.

Armin

nobu.nokada

Hi,

At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:40:03 +0900,
Armin said:
and no makefile is created.

Installed versions (RPM packages):
Ruby-1.6.8
Mysql-4.0.11a

Does that Mysql package contain headers and libraries? Aren't
they separated into devel package?

Armin Preis

[...]

Does that Mysql package contain headers and libraries? Aren't
they separated into devel package?

Mysql is seperated into the following RPM packages on my system:

MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp
MySQL-bench_4.0.11a-5mkd.rpm
MySQL-client4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
MySQL-common-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm

I'm rather new to linux, so can you give me any hints what to do?

Armin

Andre Nathan

Armin Preis said:
MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp
MySQL-bench_4.0.11a-5mkd.rpm
MySQL-client4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
MySQL-common-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm

You'll probably need the `libmysql-devel' package.

Andre

nobu.nokada

Hi,

At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:15:03 +0900,
Armin said:
Mysql is seperated into the following RPM packages on my system:

MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp
MySQL-bench_4.0.11a-5mkd.rpm
MySQL-client4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm
MySQL-common-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm

I'm rather new to linux, so can you give me any hints what to do?

I guess what you need may be MySQL-devel-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm or
similar.

Check:

$ rpm -ql MySQL MySQL-client MySQL-common | grep -e '\.h$' -e '\.so$'

Armin Preis

Hi,

At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:15:03 +0900,

I guess what you need may be MySQL-devel-4.0.11a-5mdk.rpm or
similar.

Check:

$ rpm -ql MySQL MySQL-client MySQL-common | grep -e '\.h$' -e '\.so$'

$ rpm -ql MySQL MySQL-client MySQL-common | grep -e '\.h$' -e '\.so$'

This returns nothing.

But MySQL-4.0.11a-5mdk.rmp contains the mysql devel.
And mysql itself is working fine.

nobu.nokada

Hi,

At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:25:02 +0900,
Armin said:
$ rpm -ql MySQL MySQL-client MySQL-common | grep -e '\.h$' -e '\.so$'

This returns nothing.

Then, you haven't installed packages for development with
MySQL. See Andre's [ruby-talk:90145].