    that does that?
    I can convert my mysql db to XML file through phpmyadmin, will it be
    easier to convert from XML to SQlite then from Mysql?

    Gandalf, Jun 10, 2008

  2. Gandalf wrote:
    > I'm trying to convert mysql database to sqlite. is their any free tool
    > that does that?
    > I can convert my mysql db to XML file through phpmyadmin, will it be
    > easier to convert from XML to SQlite then from Mysql?

    Did you look at http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ConverterTools ?

    I'd try one of these if I need it. Otherwise it seems easier for me to
    parse XML than to try out all the options of mysqladmin, which probably
    still won't produce anything that can directly be fed to sqlite3.

    It would be a nice programming exercise. Hint: You can pretty safely
    ignore all type information you get from MySQL, because types in SQLite
    depend on the inserted values, and not the table definition.

    -- Gerhard

    Gerhard Häring, Jun 10, 2008