Mystry CGI Perl from new Redhat server

RC

I have a Perl CGI file working fine in past 5-6 years. Just upgraded
our new Redhat OS, then my program suddenly only print out half of
HTML file. The remaining half of HTML file are not printing.

Any help will be very appreciate!
Thanks!

Joe Smith

RC said:
I have a Perl CGI file working fine in past 5-6 years. Just upgraded
our new Redhat OS, then my program suddenly only print out half of
HTML file. The remaining half of HTML file are not printing.

Insufficient information.

1) You neglected to tell us which version of RedHat and perl. `uname -a;perl -V`

2) Sounds like you haven't even bothered looking at the webserver's
error log: /var/log/httpd/error_log

RC

Joe said:
Insufficient information.
OK

1) You neglected to tell us which version of RedHat and perl. `uname
-a;perl -V`

My old OS was Redhat updae 3, the new OS is Redhat update 4
They are both running Perl 5.8.5
2) Sounds like you haven't even bothered looking at the webserver's
error log: /var/log/httpd/error_log

That file dosen't help too much to resolve my problem
(only tittle help).

Oh, well. Do you want to know what is the problem?

The problem is neither Perl nor Redhat OS issue, it is PostgreSQL
(database) issue. The old OS Redhat update 3 is running PostgreSQL
7.3, the new OS Redhat update 4 is running PostgreSQL 7.4.

The Perl DBI (database interface?) is not compatible, cause my Perl DBI
file Segmentation fault. I have to do some minor modification in my file
to resolved the problem.