'n' in debugger won't step over requires, this is a feature?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Sam Roberts, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. Sam Roberts

    Sam Roberts Guest

    I would like to step through my code, but I don't think I should have to
    go into every require. I would expect 's' to go into a require, and 'n' to step over
    it.

    I see lots of flaky behaviour in the debugger, and I never know whats a bug, or
    whats a feature.

    Is this a feature?

    If feature, is there any way I can step over requires?

    Thanks,
    Sam

    I built from cvs yesterday.

    Example is:

    $ ruby18 -rdebug mdns.rb _http _ftp _workstation
    Debug.rb
    Emacs support available.

    mdns.rb:3:$: << File.dirname($0)
    (rdb:1) n
    mdns.rb:5:require 'getoptlong'
    (rdb:1) n
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/getoptlong.rb:16:class GetoptLong
    (rdb:1) quit
    Really quit? (y/n) y
    [ensemble] ~/p/ruby/zeroconf $ head mdns.rb
    #!/usr/local/bin/ruby18 -wI../ruby/lib

    $: << File.dirname($0)

    require 'getoptlong'
    require 'net/dns/mdns'