    me to run from command prompt. Does it mean "C:\setup.exe -SAPWD"? That
    doesn't work.

    Jim
    newgenre, Apr 18, 2004

  2. newgenre

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=810826

    Cheers
    Ken

    "newgenre" <> wrote in message
    news:6cogc.131$...
    : running the setup it wants to provide "the SAPWD" switch. I assume it
    wants
    : me to run from command prompt. Does it mean "C:\setup.exe -SAPWD"? That
    : doesn't work.
    :
    : Jim
    :
    :
    Ken Schaefer, Apr 18, 2004

  3. newgenre

    Guest Guest

    Setup.exe /qb+ INSTANCENAME=VSDOTNET DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=1 SAPWD

    =STRONGPASSWORD

    This does not work in Windows 2003 and will give you an error so you need to
    go open up Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\sql2ksp3 (or wherever you
    chose to unzip it to) and navigate to \MSDE and open up the setup.ini file
    with notepad or your favorite text editor.

    Add the line

    SAPWD=STRONGPASSWORD right underneath [Options]

    Save this and then double click the Setup.exe program and the installation
    process should go through.

    Guest, Apr 18, 2004
  4. newgenre

    Guest

    Just installed Sql2KDesktopSP3 and it did not require enclosing quotes for the password or the hyphen you have. This worked for me ...

    ..\setup.exe SAPWD=myPassword

    , Apr 21, 2004
  5. newgenre

    Guest