    2. What is my username, password, and database name?

    Thanks for responding to these n00by questions

    Jim

    newgenre, Apr 19, 2004

  2. newgenre

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    I'd suggest you hit the MSDE newsgroup, you'll probably get more results

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    "newgenre" <> wrote in message
    > I am attempting to use a program called EasyDisc. It installs a forum on
    > your web site, where people can post messages. Basic stuff. I have set up
    > my XP machine as the server, and use IIS. The EasyDisc program requires I
    > set up an SQL Server, so I installed MSDE SQL Server 2000 and created an
    > instance of it on my C drive. The instance is called
    > myfirstDBMSSQL$MYFIRSTDB. (I guess my attempt to name the instance

    something
    > simple backfired.) Anyways, I have the instance on my drive, but do not

    know

    Curt_C [MVP], Apr 19, 2004

  3. newgenre

    Matt Berther Guest

    Hello newgenre,

    > I am attempting to use a program called EasyDisc. It installs a forum
    > on
    > your web site, where people can post messages. Basic stuff. I have
    > set up
    > my XP machine as the server, and use IIS. The EasyDisc program
    > requires I
    > set up an SQL Server, so I installed MSDE SQL Server 2000 and created
    > an
    > instance of it on my C drive. The instance is called
    > myfirstDBMSSQL$MYFIRSTDB. (I guess my attempt to name the instance
    > something
    > simple backfired.) Anyways, I have the instance on my drive, but do

    What does this have to do with ASP.NET? Please post your questions to the appropriate news groups.

    > 1. How do I find out what my SQL server name is?

    myfistDBMSSQL\MYFIRSTDB
    > 2. What is my username, password, and database name?

    A default install of MSDE will default to Windows authentication unless you specifically override it in the setup.ini file. The database name is the name of the database used by your program.

    --
    Matt Berther
    http://www.mattberther.com

    Matt Berther, Apr 19, 2004