n00b Question re: MSDE SQL 2000 Set-up

newgenre

I am attempting to use a program called EasyDisc. It installs a forum on
your web site, where people can post messages. Basic stuff. I have set up
my XP machine as the server, and use IIS. The EasyDisc program requires I
set up an SQL Server, so I installed MSDE SQL Server 2000 and created an
instance of it on my C drive. The instance is called
myfirstDBMSSQL$MYFIRSTDB. (I guess my attempt to name the instance something
simple backfired.) Anyways, I have the instance on my drive, but do not know
how to proceed until I can answer the following questions:
1. How do I find out what my SQL server name is?
2. What is my username, password, and database name?

Thanks for responding to these n00by questions

Jim

Matt Berther

Hello newgenre,
I am attempting to use a program called EasyDisc. It installs a forum
on
your web site, where people can post messages. Basic stuff. I have
set up
my XP machine as the server, and use IIS. The EasyDisc program
requires I
set up an SQL Server, so I installed MSDE SQL Server 2000 and created
an
instance of it on my C drive. The instance is called
myfirstDBMSSQL$MYFIRSTDB. (I guess my attempt to name the instance
something
simple backfired.) Anyways, I have the instance on my drive, but do

What does this have to do with ASP.NET? Please post your questions to the appropriate news groups.
1. How do I find out what my SQL server name is? myfistDBMSSQL\MYFIRSTDB
2. What is my username, password, and database name?
A default install of MSDE will default to Windows authentication unless you specifically override it in the setup.ini file. The database name is the name of the database used by your program.