Nagging problem with scripts in adjacent tables...

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Barely Audible, Jul 31, 2008.

  1. OKay this is probably something so simple I cannot spot it...

    I'm just in the process of reconfiguring my website and have come across
    something odd.

    Looking at the following ( firefox BTW haven't got round to checking it
    for IExploder yet) you can see the layout of a page normally

    http://www.jedsite.info/afv-mike/mike/mlv_series/latv-cmd/latvcmd.html

    Now on another type of page where the scripts are a bit closer

    http://www.jedsite.info/afv-mike/mike/mlv_series/latv-cmd/latvcmd-ni.html

    That awful gap appears on the top of the main element...

    Any help in curing this would be greatfully appreciated....

    --
    TTFN
    Jim

    In 1836, the Creek and Seminole Indian tribes in Georgia and Florida
    were waging war against the United States. The US Army had its hands
    full and the Commandant of the Marine Corps offered the services of
    a regiment of Marines for duty with the Army. He placed himself in
    command and, taking virtually the entire available strength of the
    Corps, left for the extended campaign after tacking a terse message
    on his office door which read:
    "Have gone to Florida to fight Indians.
    Will be back when War is over.
    A. Henderson Col. Commandant"
    Barely Audible, Jul 31, 2008

  2. Barely Audible

    GArlington Guest

    On Jul 31, 11:34 am, Barely Audible <> wrote:
    > OKay this is probably something so simple I cannot spot it...
    >
    > I'm just in the process of reconfiguring my website and have come across
    > something odd.
    >
    > Looking at the following ( firefox BTW haven't got round to checking it
    > for IExploder yet) you can see the layout of a page normally

    If you attempt to check it yourself (using Firebug for instance, as
    you mentioned FF), you will see that the problem occurs because of the
    difference in height of TWO columns in your table...
    Using Firebug you can play with various style settings for the second
    column ["float" is the one I found, you might find more...]

    > http://www.jedsite.info/afv-mike/mike/mlv_series/latv-cmd/latvcmd.html
    >
    > Now on another type of page where the scripts are a bit closer
    >
    > http://www.jedsite.info/afv-mike/mike/mlv_series/latv-cmd/latvcmd-ni....
    >
    > That awful gap appears on the top of the main element...
    >
    > Any help in curing this would be greatfully appreciated....
    >
    > --
    > TTFN
    > Jim

    <snap>
    GArlington, Jul 31, 2008

  3. Barely Audible

    Humbug Guest

    GArlington wrote:

    > On Jul 31, 11:34 am, Barely Audible <> wrote:
    >> OKay this is probably something so simple I cannot spot it...
    >>
    >> I'm just in the process of reconfiguring my website and have come across
    >> something odd.
    >>
    >> Looking at the following ( firefox BTW haven't got round to checking it
    >> for IExploder yet) you can see the layout of a page normally

    > If you attempt to check it yourself (using Firebug for instance, as
    > you mentioned FF), you will see that the problem occurs because of the
    > difference in height of TWO columns in your table...
    > Using Firebug you can play with various style settings for the second
    > column ["float" is the one I found, you might find more...]
    >>
    >> http://www.jedsite.info/afv-mike/mike/mlv_series/latv-cmd/latvcmd.html
    >>
    >> Now on another type of page where the scripts are a bit closer
    >>
    >> http://www.jedsite.info/afv-mike/mike/mlv_series/latv-cmd/latvcmd-ni....
    >>
    >> That awful gap appears on the top of the main element...
    >>
    >> Any help in curing this would be greatfully appreciated....
    >>
    >> --
    >> TTFN
    >> Jim

    God ! I knew there was something I forgot to install when I upgraded
    Firefox - thanks G!

    Amd the float works okay as well!
    Humbug, Jul 31, 2008