Naive Gauss Elimination Technique

pragy

Hey, can any one help me for writing a program of naive gauss
elimintaion technique?
It's a technique to solve system of simultaneous linear equations
using matrix.
thanks

santosh

pragy said:
Hey, can any one help me for writing a program of naive gauss
elimintaion technique?
It's a technique to solve system of simultaneous linear equations
using matrix.
thanks

You'd be better of posting to groups like comp.programming or sci.math.

user923005

Hey, can any one help me for writing a program of naive gauss
elimintaion technique?

Sure. Show us what you have tried so far.
It's a technique to solve system of simultaneous linear equations
using matrix.

I guess that 95% or more of the posters here know what it is. Dieter
Burssner once posted a really magnificent version of it. I still keep
it on my hard disk to enjoy from time to time.

BTW, don't post your question to sci.math, as writing matix LU solvers
(despite the sound of things being of a rather mathematical nature) is
not at all topical there.

Rather, if you must post to that sort of arena, try analysis (unless you have a theoretical math question, which is
topical on
The sort of help you will get here is this:
After you have written some code, you may have questions about why
things are not working right or compiler errors or strange results.
After you have read the C-FAQ, if your answers are not found there,
the posters here will be happy to give you a hand. I will personally
volunteer to give you assistance. On the other hand, nobody here is
going to do you the terrible disservice of writing the code for you.

The sort of help you will get on is
explanations about why, even after the code is correct, the answers
are not what you think they ought to be.
They will tell you about things like condition numbers and numerically
parallel vectors, etc.

HTH
BCNU