Naive question about html editors

Discussion in 'HTML' started by salmobytes, Mar 5, 2008.

  1. salmobytes

    salmobytes Guest

    I'm a developer working on a 'small footprint' content management
    system. I currently use the fckeditor as a way for non-programmers
    to edit content on the pages created by my software.

    In other words, special passworded users can edit html fragments
    on the site's pages, but they cannot change the overall layout,
    look and feel. That much is set up from another set of admin forms.

    fckeditor works fine for that--for editing small files on the server
    that
    tags.

    PUNCHLINE QUESTION:
    Which html editors out there, that operate on desktop box, can do
    that?
    ....can edit html and then ftp or scp the local file up to the server,
    so
    it is an html fragment only, with no enclosing html head or body tags?

    Any of them? All of them? (I edit html with a text editor. I've never
    used
    anything like Bluefish or Dreamweaver).

    Thank you.
    salmobytes, Mar 5, 2008