Name is not declared

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by DC Gringo, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. DC Gringo

    DC Gringo Guest

    I'm getting a BC30451: Name 'pageID' is not declared.

    I have a user control that contains a simple condition to display one row or
    another like:

    <% If x = 1 Then %>
    ....some html...
    <% Else %>
    ....some html...
    <% End If %>

    The control is used to in two different .aspx pages (e.g. first.aspx and
    second.aspx). In each .aspx page, I've tried to set this variable right
    after Private Sub Page_Load in the code-behind page to no avail...such as:

    Public Class WebForm1
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Web Form Designer Generated Code

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    End Sub

    Dim x As Integer = 10000

    End Class

    --
    _____
    DC G
    DC Gringo, Feb 27, 2004

  2. DC Gringo

    Vikas Ahuja Guest

    I dont see a "pageID" variable declared in your code, but variables that you
    want to use in the HTML part must have Protected access at least.

    Vikas Ahuja, Mar 2, 2004