Name of Previous Page

David C

I have an ASP.Net web page that I want to be able to retrieve the name of
the previous page as I am coming to this page from 3 different aspx pages
via PostBackURL string. I looked at the PreviousPage but it has no "Name"
property that I could find. Can anyone help? Thanks.

David

Mark Rae [MVP]

Nevermind. I remembered Request.UrlReferrer

Don't rely on this 100%, especially if your site is on the public Internet,
as more and more ISPs are stripping it off HTML headers...

David C

Thanks Mark. What are the alternatives?

David
Mark Rae said:
Don't rely on this 100%, especially if your site is on the public
Internet, as more and more ISPs are stripping it off HTML headers...

Barrie Wilson

Don't rely on this 100%, especially if your site is on the public
Internet, as more and more ISPs are stripping it off HTML headers...

WTF? really? why are they doing this?

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Barrie,

just reduce unnecessary info for optimization

---
WBR,

BW> BW> BW> WTF? really? why are they doing this?

George Ter-Saakov

Do not use Request.UrlReferrer

Sometimes when referred urls are emails (or simply populated with garbage)
Request.UrlReferrer will blow up since it's trying to return URI object.

instead use Response.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"]; it will return a
string

George.