    What could be the cause of this addition?

    Thanks,

    Huub

    Huub, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Huub wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a little problem. When I execute a script un Linux, it asks for a
    > name for the file to written, e.g. 'temp' (without the quotes of
    > course). When I want to open the written file it can't be found and it
    > turns out the filename has got an '?' added to its name. So, instead of
    > 'temp' the filename is 'temp?'. In the code I can't find anything that
    > causes that '?' to be added.
    > What could be the cause of this addition?

    You haven't chomp()'ed the string.

    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett

    Josef Moellers, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Huub

    Huub Guest

    > You haven't chomp()'ed the string.

    I assume you mean the name of the file?

    Huub, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Huub

    Huub Guest

    > You haven't chomp()'ed the string.

    Ok, got it. Thanks.

    Huub, Oct 4, 2005
  5. Huub wrote:
    >> You haven't chomp()'ed the string.
    >>

    > Ok, got it. Thanks.

    Next time: post some code. My answer was an absolute guess.

    Josef Moellers, Oct 4, 2005
  6. Huub <> wrote:
    >> You haven't chomp()'ed the string.
    >>

    > I assume you mean the name of the file?

    What happened when you tried that?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Oct 4, 2005
  7. Huub

    Huub Guest

    Tad McClellan wrote:
    > Huub <> wrote:
    >
    >>>You haven't chomp()'ed the string.
    >>>

    >>I assume you mean the name of the file?

    > What happened when you tried that?

    It has been solved by chomp()-ing the name. Thanks for reacting.

    Huub, Oct 4, 2005