    thanks
    ~
    Prathap

    Prathap, Aug 1, 2007

  2. Prathap

    James Kanze Guest

    Prathap wrote:

    > I am a newbie to c++ and I am looking for examples in using pipes
    > for IPC communication. My two processes are independent and they
    > cannot use a unnamed pipe, so I am looking for examples that can teach
    > me about named pipe. I Googled a little and nothing turned out useful.
    > Any pointers appreciated.

    It has nothing to do with C++; C++ as such doesn't know anything
    about named pipes. You'll have to check with a group specific
    to your OS. (On some OS's, of course, you can use a named pipe
    exactly as if it were a file, e.g. with [io]fstream. Even then,
    however, you'd probably have to be careful about flushing and
    such. I'm not sure that the use would be totally transparent.)

    --
    James Kanze (GABI Software) email:

    James Kanze, Aug 1, 2007

  3. Prathap

    anon Guest

    Prathap wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am a newbie to c++ and I am looking for examples in using pipes
    > for IPC communication. My two processes are independent and they

    This has nothing to do with c++

    http://www.linuxhq.com/guides/LPG/node7.html

    anon, Aug 1, 2007