    Is thread named pipes communication allowed ?

    Regards,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Philippe C. Martin

    Michael Fuhr Guest

    "Philippe C. Martin" <> writes:

    > I currently have a "working" script that uses sockets to handle threads
    > communications - the problem is that it gives me obvious problems in handling
    > free ports (launching the script more than once ....).

    Who is communicating with whom? Threads communicating with other
    threads in the same process? Threads communicating with a peer
    external to the process? What "obvious problems" are you having?

    > Is thread named pipes communication allowed ?

    What happened when you tried it?

    What are you trying to do? Perhaps if you backed up and described
    the "what" we could make better recommendations about the "how."

    --
    Michael Fuhr
    http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

    Michael Fuhr, Dec 12, 2004

  3. Philippe C. Martin

    Jive Guest

    "Philippe C. Martin" <> wrote in message
    > HI,
    >
    > I currently have a "working" script that uses sockets to handle threads
    > communications - the problem is that it gives me obvious problems in

    handling
    > free ports (launching the script more than once ....).
    >
    > Is thread named pipes communication allowed ?
    >
    > Regards,

    Replace the sockets with a queue of strings.
    http://docs.python.org/lib/module-Queue.html

    Write your Send and Recv functions in terms of Queue.get() and Queue.put();

    Jive, Dec 12, 2004